About Me (4) Books (1) Happenings (2) Recipes (38) School (1)

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Break

Spring break for students is a chance for parents to scramble for babysitters or leave for a bonding vacation in the sun. Spring break for teachers is to have a BREAK! And I'm loving it! A week away from my students means I'm a better teacher and come back after ten days reenergized and refreshed for the MAP test and the end of the school year. I packed my car to the max, stuffed in Tinkerbell and Tarzan, and left ASAP to drive the three hours to my parent's house. And I will leave ALAP (As late as possible) to go home ten days later. My poor husband, how he must miss me! ;)


My list of accomplished tasks:
-I started my fifth book this morning.
-A great dinner with a friend.
-A three hour lunch with another friend.
-Antiquing and shopping with my mom.
-Two mile walks with my animals.
-Staying up till two and sleeping until ten.

Although, I'm hoping these last few days snail crawl along, I do look forward to going back. My favorite part of the break is the smile I will get on Monday morning from each of my kiddos. They love me and I love them.....especially after a ten day break.

2 comments: